If you’re on this site, you already know that you and your family need to find a way to put away your phones. Whether smart phones are controlling your lives, creating distractions, building a wall between the people in your house – or just an annoyance… It’s never too late to create healthy habits that will improve your family dynamic.
No Phones at Homework Time
There’s probably some behavioral research that shows that kids who study without their phone perform better, work faster and retain more information when they are not distracted by their phone. Without relying on any research, we’ll just defer to good old common sense.
No Phones at Family Time
We’ve all been there. Your family is way too overscheduled and you decide that it’s time for everyone to sit down for a family game (or movie) night. It was a lot easier when everyone was little (the pre-phone era). But now, there are just too many distractions – checking Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, text messages… you name it. At Phone Away, we believe that it’s important to find products can help you physically remove the distractions that smart phones provide. And create a clear boundary between phone time and family time. It won’t be easy at first, but once the fun begins (and over time), you might just get your family back.
“You’re Grounded from Your Phone!” Now What?
When all else fails, taking away a kid’s smart phone can be the ultimate punishment. Not only are they addicted to music, TV shows and entertaining games – in many cases it’s their lifeline to the outside world. No calls, no texts and no posts. The trifecta of silence. The value they place in their phone (or device) can be just the ticket for the perfect consequence for bad behavior. Here are some serious options to keep their phone away – securely and confidently.
Set Goals, Reward Accomplishments
We think it’s crazy, but phone/screen time can be seen as a motivation to some kids and teens. Set clear expectations and goals – while physically managing their prized possession. You might just see a clear path to the results you expect.
Below are some products to help you put your phone away, and get back to your family.
- Featured on shark tank, build good habits by locking temptations in the kitchen safe
- The product is built from thick, sturdy, high quality, BPA free materials, container walls are very rigid and 3x thicker than typical containers
- The interface takes seconds to learn, kitchen safe can be locked for any amount of time between 1 minute to 10 days
- Studies of highly successful people show that the best strategy for achieving goals is to avoid relying on willpower in all situations
- Stores and protects up to 5 phone works devices or the inspection scope
- Secure closure to prevent loss and damage
- Weather resistant to protect against outside elements
- Extra storage for additional batteries, clips, etc
- Foam inserts to protect devices
- Convenient fold away handle
- Removable tray
- Privacy key lock
- Exterior dimensions: 3 5/8"H x11 13/16"W 9 1/4" D
- This safe has a weekly programmable timer installed inside, which allows the user to set time intervals that control when the safe opens. The timer has 8 programmable on/off events per day, and 15 combinations of daily programs, that allow to choose when you can open the safe. For example: only from friday evening to sunday evening, every day after 8pm, before 7pm, or again from 16pm to 18pm, etc.
- The timer shortest locking time is 1 minute, the longest 1 week.
- The safe come with a set of emergency keys to bypass the time lock mechanism. ANTI BOUNCING SYSTEM.
- This safe needs both 110volt and 4 AA batteries to work. Video instructions. Videocall assistance. Made in Italy. Hand-Assembled.
- U.S. Outlet (new models 100% U.S compatible)
Coat hooks, mail storage, and a place for your necessities means an organized entryway! Our handcrafted shelf, hook, pocket and nook entryway organizer and is an excellent entryway storage solution. Perfect for your wallet or money clip, phone, mail, keys, coats, backpacks, electronics, sunglasses and other necessities! This large custom built flush-mount organizer is made using solid wood stained Java. Four double coat hooks provide storage for your bags, backpacks and other necessities...and they are strong enough for your heaviest of jackets and book bags. Three key hooks keep your car keys organized and easy to find. The large mail pocket gives you storage for your mail, calendars, electronics and planners...while the accent shelf and smaller storage ledge style shelves provide a safe storage spot for your sunglasses, wallet, money clip, cell phone and small accessories. Our wall-mounted organizer will keep your entryway stylishly organized and clutter free.BUY NOW
Coat hooks, mail storage, and a place for your necessities means an organized entryway! Our handcrafted shelf, hook, pocket and nook entryway organizer and is an excellent entryway storage solution, all built by hand in the USA.
This large custom built flush-mount organizer is made using solid wood painted white. Four oil rubbed bronze double coat hooks provide storage for your bags, backpacks and other necessities...and they're strong enough for your heaviest of jackets and book bags! Three key hooks keep your car keys organized and easy to find! The large mail pocket gives you storage for your mail, calendars, electronics and planners...while the accent shelf and smaller storage ledges provide a safe storage spot for your sunglasses, wallet, money clip, cell phone and small accessories. Our wall-mounted organizer will keep your entryway stylishly organized and clutter free!BUY NOW - White Coat Rack with Mail and Phone Storage Key Hooks Organizer
If you just “have” to use your phone in the bathroom, then you should have a place to put it. But shame on you.BUY NOW
It’s never too late to create healthy habits that will improve your family dynamic.
no phones at
Dinner time is a great time for families to share, connect, and enjoy each other’s company. While today’s families don’t eat together as much as previous generations, it’s important that when we do – we take advantage of that special time. And put our phones away. All of our phones – kids and parents. This will allow for the family unit to really engage – and create an environment where everyone can be heard and life can be shared. These moments won’t last forever – and you might just miss them when they’re gone.